Author Topic: LLoyd  (Read 11488 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: LLoyd
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 07:37:48 PM »
Thats interesting Perry. I only ever met the owners mate from Essex who painted it for him in the yellow. I think the Isetta belonged to him and he was allowed to borrow the P50 to accompany his isetta at the shows. I asked a few times if it was for sale but always went away with a flea in my ear! I keep my schmitt at a custom car storage facility now and strangley , when I took it up there the owner mentioned the said Peel and wondered where it had got to. Perry, you must start taking it to a few local shows and keep up with the tradition! Im glad it has stayed local anyway. Look forward to seeing it again. 

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 08:08:38 PM »
Whilst im looking into my old Peel register, i can say E. Chong's Peel is NO. 533
Number plate7037 VU Not 100% sure its up to date, because i collected the details in the year 1991
I also own an old picture showing the Peel and Mr. Chong.

Ferdi

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 08:26:12 AM »
Thats interesting Perry. I only ever met the owners mate from Essex who painted it for him in the yellow.

Painted it yellow?  What with an old underseal brush?!  It's an utterly appaling paint job.  The bloke who did it in my opinion is not fit to paint rusty Sierras...

However it will return to greatness and will be road fit.  I used to like yellow but have gone off it of late.  I think two stokes may have painted it yellow to shift it. I'm unsure if the works despatched yellow P50's.   Brochures exist with yellow and green added as an optional colour.  It may have been white. Who knows?

Anyway the front spring mount on the tub's never been off. The colour under there will prove its hue.  Either way I'm going to have it in white I think.

And yes I intend to show it when it's a runner and restored.  (but I think the Trident will always usurp a P50 for the WOW factor)
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

inacoma

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 08:44:19 AM »
Hi

Back to the Lloyds

There are a lot of lloyd pictures for the unusual models for sale here. Big money though :-

http://cgi.ebay.com/1958-Lloyd-Pickup-Truck-Factory-Photo-Microcar_W0QQitemZ320227163471QQihZ011QQcategoryZ13582QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

John

inacoma

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 09:15:31 AM »
Hi

tried to upload a picture but getting this message :-

The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator

Do we need to delete something ?

John

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 12:27:10 PM »
Hi John. I have already spoken to Darren about the problem, he says he has to buy some more space and it will be resolved in due course. This all emphasises how badly we need our administrator or a trained replacement. I was hoping Darren might reconsider and stay.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 01:39:30 PM »
I think it's ok if you post pictures useing the rumcars photobucket site John.

inacoma

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 02:39:56 PM »
?

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 02:50:34 PM »
John go to photobucket.com, username: rumcars  Pass: rumcars load your images, then copy and paste IMG Code into forum text and hey presto! Images on the forum. Make sure you log out of photobucket afterwards though so others can log in.

Dan Rodd

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 02:07:10 PM »
Hey Perry,

Any progress on the soft top?i have just found an A7 catalogue from the people i used to get my bits from,i also got a few bits off them at Beaulieu a couple of yrs ago.

I wonder if there is a list of Peels that we know for a fact have been scrapped?we could then remove them from the list of possible cars still out there.remember how many years went by with only 2 Allard Clippers known to exist,then one came out of nowhere?
Must be some more Peels out there,in an ideal world some young girl will come up to you while you park your bigger micro,and say something like"oh,are you interested in little cars?,my grandma has got a little 3 wheeler that my grandad bought 35 yrs ago but he died shortly afterwards and she couldnt bear to part with it,now shes moving to a smaller bungalow we need to get rid of it,its got one headlamp and is blue,are you interested?"

LOL LOL LOL ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 02:17:35 PM »
in an ideal world some young girl will come up to you while you park your bigger micro,and say something like"oh,are you interested in little cars?,my grandma has got a little 3 wheeler that my grandad bought 35 yrs ago but he died shortly afterwards and she couldnt bear to part with it,now shes moving to a smaller bungalow we need to get rid of it,its got one headlamp and is blue,are you interested?"

....and when you finally lever the door of the garage open, you find the little blue three-wheeler with a single headlight is actully a Mk 1 Tippen Delta....   :o   Don't forget my phone number though, when it comes to pass.  ;)

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 03:24:47 PM »
in an ideal world some young girl will come up to you while you park your bigger micro,and say something like"oh,are you interested in little cars?,my grandma has got a little 3 wheeler that my grandad bought 35 yrs ago but he died shortly afterwards and she couldnt bear to part with it,now shes moving to a smaller bungalow we need to get rid of it,its got one headlamp and is blue,are you interested?"

....and when you finally lever the door of the garage open, you find the little blue three-wheeler with a single headlight is actully a Mk 1 Tippen Delta....
:o Don't forget my phone number though, when it comes to pass. ;)

It also could be a Peel P50 (single headlight/blue), Stuart. Best you go an dial my phone number! ;D ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 03:39:09 PM »
Fair's fair Ferdi, you've got one already, I'm bagging this one!  ;)

(I say young girl, do you mind moving out the way, I can't see the car!)

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 07:13:49 PM »
Hey Perry,

Any progress on the soft top?i have just found an A7 catalogue from the people i used to get my bits from,i also got a few bits off them at Beaulieu a couple of yrs ago.

I wonder if there is a list of Peels that we know for a fact have been scrapped?we could then remove them from the list of possible cars still out there.remember how many years went by with only 2 Allard Clippers known to exist,then one came out of nowhere?
Must be some more Peels out there,in an ideal world some young girl will come up to you while you park your bigger micro,and say something like"oh,are you interested in little cars?,my grandma has got a little 3 wheeler that my grandad bought 35 yrs ago but he died shortly afterwards and she couldnt bear to part with it,now shes moving to a smaller bungalow we need to get rid of it,its got one headlamp and is blue,are you interested?"

LOL LOL LOL ;D

Good evening dear boy,

Not done much with the Mk111. Have aquired a condenser which I aim to fit and clean the points thoroughly. Then get a coil if still no spark. I want it road fit over easter. With luck..

A list of Peels that have been scrapped would promptly incur the building of a gaggle Peels that have been scrapped!!  Personally I wouldn't be upset if I parked my Trident on a high steet and some old boy said he has an electric four wheeled version of that he bought in '68 in his back garden....     Take it away for a tenner!!
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 08:18:29 PM »
Don't worry, in a few years these will be littering eBay. http://www.youtube.com/user/bethanne2187