Author Topic: Bruetsch-Mopetta  (Read 15291 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Bruetsch-Mopetta
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 04:28:37 PM »
If the seller has a Mopetta why doesn't he keep this as a spare? I certainly would
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 05:17:53 PM »
The pictures were taken in the German microcar Museum "Fraenkische-Kleinwagensammlung" from the brothers Bittner. I wonder, do they have two chassis? ???
This guys also made the Mopetta Replica which now Bruce Weiner ownes. I think they did a perfect work.

Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 05:59:32 PM »
Also why lay out all the chassis and wheels etc , gives the impression that its included.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 07:01:55 PM »
After a rough translation it says something like... the chassis in the photo is there for effect, but as there's a telephone number included I bet he'd consider offers regarding the rest of it.

piatti

• Chatty
    • Rollermobilclub Schweiz
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 07:24:10 AM »
Yes, this picture is taken at the "Bittners-Museum". They made 3 chassis ! By the time of reconstructing the mopetta I knew they had two engines. The car they sold to Bruce had no engine (The engine now in the car beloged to me). So I expect they still have a spare engine...

Anyway, what is very important when talking about this ILO engines, is that there are 2-Speed (99% of all the ILO's) and 3-Speed.
Finding a 3-speed engine is almost impossible. I managed to find 3 engines over the past 8 years.

The eBay engine is a two speed. The seller of that engine mentioned that it is very simple to modify a two to a 3-speed. I really wonder how that should work...

Oliver

...I just changed the nieman suspension on my mopetta. Fortunatly it is possible to use suspension rings from a sidecar

http://www.blog.rollermobilclub.ch/
Rollermobilclub Schweiz
www.rollermobilclub.ch

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 08:52:20 AM »
I like the word for the suspension rings: GUMMIS, makes me think of Gummi Bears sweets. Wealso have similar: gum tree, gum rubber, chewing gum, but somehow gummis just sounds better! I am still surprised that anyone would want to sell such a rare item publicly. If I had a Mopetta and a spare engine I would probably only sell it to someone with another Mopetta (or similar) which needs and engine
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 06:32:58 PM »
Thanks Oliver for the information about the three chassis of the Bittners. As you know I´m still working on my Brutsch Register and the chassis wich can be seen in the background of pictures taken in the Bittner museum were still one of my questions. Do you know if the body+chassis wich were in the Stoery museum are originals?

Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 02:21:34 PM »
hi piatti

just found this subject on the net. you mentioned changing the "nieman " suspension on your mopetta to rings from a sidecar . is the unit on a mopetta the same as a Pfeil - a rubber disc in metal ring aprox 15cm in diameter . the Pfeil uses 4 and the mopetta 1 .

2 questions please :

what are nieman units ? and

what units off what sidecar ?

many thanks
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

piatti

• Chatty
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 04:03:09 PM »
please see the link below. This blog posting contains pics of the nieman rings.

http://www.blog.rollermobilclub.ch/brutsch-mopetta-gummifederung-vorderrad/

The mopetta uses something simular for the real wheel suspension. (very horrible, when it crashes while you drive...)

http://www.blog.rollermobilclub.ch/schrecksekunde-am-jahrestreffen-mopetta-liegengeblieben/

http://www.blog.rollermobilclub.ch/mopetta-reparatur-hinterradfederung/

regards
Oliver

Rollermobilclub Schweiz
www.rollermobilclub.ch

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 09:19:01 PM »
thanks oliver

now i know what they are i realise that the nieman rings are not used on the Pfeil . g-o-g-g-o also put me straight ( explained ) the rear units look suitable for the pfeil front and back . what diameter are the metal rings could you tell me ? and can i buy these ?

many thanks for the help
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

piatti

• Chatty
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 08:04:22 AM »
As far as I remember, the diameter is about 10cm.

It is a mercedes-benz spare part and therefore kind of expensive if you buy it at your local mercedes shop. I found a supplier on the internet where one piece was around € 25.-.

Here you can get two for € 60.-

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290446121343

best regards & good luck
Oliver

you might ask Peter Diepold, the guy who owns the kr200 record and the brütsch zwerg. I think the supension-elements of the zwerg are what you are looking for...
Rollermobilclub Schweiz
www.rollermobilclub.ch

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 12:12:51 PM »
After a rough translation it says something like... the chassis in the photo is there for effect, but as there's a telephone number included I bet he'd consider offers regarding the rest of it.

The 'phone number could be the price?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 01:12:46 PM »
The phone number is 0049 9122 72581   :)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 06:40:12 PM »
thanks very much oliver i will look into all this