Author Topic: Bond 875 mk2  (Read 15279 times)

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
Bond 875 mk2
« on: August 10, 2010, 11:41:42 PM »
Hi all,im having to sell my Bond due to financial problems, :( if anyone is interested its here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160467002747&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

will take less to a forum member if genuinely interested.

Dan

P50

• Prolific Poster
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Bond 875 mk2
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 07:32:57 AM »
Ah, he is back. I know for a flat pack Nutshell if it is still there. Done the Bond 875 thing, great fun and the only Bond not to wear the front tyre out fast as it spent half its time in the air.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 08:14:02 AM »
cant keep me away lol,i dont want to upset anyone or wind anyone up,just enjoy a common interest :)
i fulfilled my ambition of owning an 875,sadly i lost my job 2 weeks after getting it home,so its not viable for me to keep it.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 08:28:02 AM »
Bad luck on loosing your job, and hope you get a good price.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 10:08:15 AM »
cant keep me away lol,i dont want to upset anyone or wind anyone up,just enjoy a common interest :)
i fulfilled my ambition of owning an 875,sadly i lost my job 2 weeks after getting it home,so its not viable for me to keep it.

You were kicked out for owning a Bond 875? That is marquism! Call for Stan to raise the Bonders and get flying pickets outside the gates. Bond 875s have rights.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 08:44:30 PM »
dont wish to drag names through mud,but having seen the 875 on ebay,stan wrote a rather nasty and childish email to me about it,mainly reliant hatrid and should i cancel your membership kind of thing.id had a cup of tea with him at his house 2 weeks prior as well.
thing is,hes now lost 5 bonds that could have been new members for his club and to add to the records,as i have a friend with three,another friend with an 875,and the new owner of my 875,a friend off the Reliant forum,none of which wish to join the club having heard about it.is a shame because i was fully planning to get a minicar or similar once im working again,as i had thought the Bond community were a friendly,enthusiastic bunch,but its put me off a bit

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 09:45:11 AM »
Stan takes after the Minicar. A one off and there is no one quite the same. He does tend to rub folk up the wrong way but it should not put folk off Bonding. Not my thing but they are wonderfully eccentric and it minimal cost too.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 02:12:18 PM »
I think the club would all fall apart without him but yes, your experience is by no means unique. A pal of mine emigrated to France and took his Bond with him only to be kicked out for "exporting a Bond"!  ::) He was reprieved later but his Bond Info mag arrives now with the car advert page snipped out.

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 08:20:46 PM »
oh and bob,many thanks for letting me have Adrian polleys email,even though it didnt work out during the buying and working on process he was an absolute diamond in helping me out,giving me info and providing enthusiasm,thats the sort of people we could do with more of i think :)

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 07:31:19 AM »
I think the club would all fall apart without him but yes, your experience is by no means unique. A pal of mine emigrated to France and took his Bond with him only to be kicked out for "exporting a Bond"!  ::) He was reprieved later but his Bond Info mag arrives now with the car advert page snipped out.

Note to myself. DO NOT GET A BOND.    yet another club where the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Answer to myself.  Wouldn't get one anyway 1, I have enough junk. 2, They're hideous! don't mind the Bug but one wheel at the front makes spirited driving too dodgy in extremis.  Mind you standard Bonds are pretty good value.    
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 07:33:01 AM by P50 »
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 09:00:33 AM »

Note to myself. DO NOT GET A BOND.    yet another club where the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

I always thought that was the point of buying and owning a Microcar and joining the appropriate club. That will be where I am going wrong then. I cannot take these cars seriously and I like the eccentricity of the owners. I can forgive enofficient eccentric club officials but I cannot the serious but useless ones. I love it, cut out the ads page for foriegn Johhny's. We could with someone like Stan in the Government!

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 07:32:11 AM »
Don't get me wrong Al I belong to RUM, MOC, MEC and Scootabout.

Should I ever acquire a Bond then yes I would join.   It's a bit heavy though if pages are torn out of the mag though!   But I do like the mentalists in the scene. I'm one of them!

Anyway loved Mr Towns piece on the disabled options for a KR is the MEC's latest mag.  But what if you have no arms, legs or ears?!  Wonder if FMR could sort out a central tiller system?!  ooh err missus    !!!!!!
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 07:55:17 AM »
  But what if you have no arms, legs or ears?! 

FMR had the solution. Ride on the boot rack, the engine noise would not be a problem! If you are feeling wreckless you could have a go on the ski rack.

Seriously though I am convinced I have seen three of these converted cars and in one case the car was slagged off so badly the guy returned to Ireland never to be heard from again. Another was found derelict in Didcot and the last features in a book I have. These all featured 175 style steering columns in a KR200 with modified controls. Two were painted orange, the other a two tone but as the pics are monotone the colours are unknown. I think this whole area has been ignored and the stigma of being a type of invalid carrage probably puts some 'Schmitters into denial mode.
I own the seat and part of the control set for a dwarf convertion set for a Trojan. Again a little publicised option offered and supplied by Trojan.

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 10:06:42 AM »
I suppose 99.9999999999% of invalid KR's were sold in the fatherland.   How many came here? 5? 6?

I'd like to pore over one though.  See how the teleflex/bracketry is done etc.  I bet the job was executed in typical teutonic perfection.    Easy to do as all cable controls. 

I wonder if lord cyphus knows about any?   care to comment whilst on your sojourn?

I think mr boyd has an ex invalid scootacar.  Whilst not as refined I think a Scoot is probably a better bet.  Easier to get into for a disabled person.       No legs and a KR is a bit difficult.  Opening the door and getting out!
-Benvenuto Cellini