Author Topic: Manky Messerschmitt Of The Year, Hands Down Winner  (Read 16382 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: Manky Messerschmitt Of The Year, Hands Down Winner
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 12:16:16 PM »
Well. I actually like the rear " fins " ! That would be a nice second car fro me, since I am looking for a car for when µi have finished restoring my Nobel. I know the fins are different, but aren't the slots in the boot different too?
I have never really seen 175's, because my dad has never owned one since I was born. The boot doesnt have the air filter "grill" and the slots on the top, the early 200 ones also had them, arent they usually a bit higher? http://www.veteran-prodej.cz/messerschmit-kr-175-1557/
 ???
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 04:46:48 PM »
Many and varied are the slots in the Messerschmitt boot. Once time permits it is hoped a Schmitty book will appear that discusses such things but I am not sure if anyone knows the entire answer or chronological sequences. Most people, of course, choose to ignore the variables and stick with the 'official' specs but as with any production it really is not as simple as that.

If you like styling accessories then the finned Schmitt could be for you. Not sure of the real history of that styling exercise but it is rather weird. Not sure I have an image to hand but there are several published images.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 05:43:04 PM »
Probably cheaper to collect this candidate from Argentina than it is to get one in the UK: http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-100408138-partes-originales-messerschmitt-kr-raton-aleman-microcoupe-_JM  ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 06:15:33 PM »
 It's the legendary "Shorty" reincarnate!  :o  And absulutly floorless too....   ;D

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 08:48:41 PM »
It's the legendary "Shorty" reincarnate!  :o  And absulutly floorless too....   ;D
My dad spotted that schmitt on the argentionia,n ebay! Didn't want to tell everyone lol, but now everyone seems to know it lol
Mopeds:

blob

• Prolific Poster

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 12:03:39 AM »
Seems rubbish and junk is worth a lot over there mates..... ;D ;D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 11:32:51 AM »
There was a container of Argentine Schmitts bought over to Germany? about 15 years ago and they were pretty grim. However they seem to be coming out of the woodwork over there now. They have a club and it is all kicking off. Of course much of the car can be bought new even if some of the componants are not quite as good as originals so anything is restorable if you have the pockets and/or skills.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »
Al, i bought one of these argentinean cars in Marburg. It is a 1957 KR201, what i still own. I started restauration about 18 years ago, but had to stop doing work on the car when i started to run business with the pub.

How prizes have changed since then. I paid 2000 DM (deutsch Marks) ! Unfortunately it was not complete !

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 06:20:11 PM »
Al, i bought one of these argentinean cars in Marburg. It is a 1957 KR201, what i still own. I started restauration about 18 years ago, but had to stop doing work on the car when i started to run business with the pub.

How prizes have changed since then. I paid 2000 DM (deutsch Marks) ! Unfortunately it was not complete !

Ah, but a real Roadster, rarer than a Tiger!

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010, 06:35:40 PM »

Did they make early Deluxe ( ali on wind with 2 colours ) 201's? I thought it was only the 200's and latze deluxe for 2001 ( wing is different colour to the body )
Mopeds:

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2010, 06:40:23 PM »
The wings do not belong to the car, as i mentioned. The car was not complete when i got it

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 10:00:31 AM »
The proof of it being a real KR201 is everything. I own one which is documented but exists as only the two rubber strips and rear ali and windscreen assembly from the very top of the car. It was in Groombridges but the three Schmitts originally stacked on top of each other were a foot high by the time we found and removed what we could - not a lot! It can be recreated but I am lucky enough to have a whole original condition one too so the other will probably be sold at some point. How many real Roadsters are left?

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 10:20:32 AM »
My own 201 has never been fully restored. It still is on the road in quite tatty condition. The snakeskin upholstery is totally original and falling apart. It's not impossible for anyone to make a fake roadster, as Oliver makes the lifting tops, I make the hoods, Hub caps & mirrors are available on Ebay, spinners are sometimes for sale and the early wing amps, port holes are available. If I see a so called roadster with all new repro parts it's unlikely it's genuine. One thing not a lot of people know is that the box sections on each side of the lifting top have extra thickness inside.    Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 10:44:22 AM »
When i delivered my tatty and original roadster door to Oliver for restauration, he didn't fit back the thick parts of box section again. At last, i don't care they are assembled or not. You cant see them either.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 10:48:37 AM by Peelpower »