Author Topic: Wanted: messerschmitt ashtray  (Read 15436 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Wanted: messerschmitt ashtray
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 08:21:32 PM »
All is fair Dicky, I bought the car based on what I saw so fear not. Did you swipe the bird badge too?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 03:20:45 PM »
Just spotted these ivory bakelite ashtrays, original Happich No. 5505001 and at 99 euros each being sold by an Isetta parts dealer. Any good for Schmitts? See pic

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 04:49:59 PM by Bob Purton »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 05:59:28 PM »
they look perfect to me ! everything will be remade soon - far east i expect but very nice and cleaner than miine, though i suspect its never been used .

not me guv the car never had the emblem bob.
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 09:44:24 AM »
Just what every Schmitt owner needs for when his engine seizes up. All that is needed now is a packet of Capstans or Players to complete your none PC identity. Funny how the world changes. I wonder if Darleks use these instead of some of their bumps. Handy when you nip off for a fag after some serious exterminating and at 99 Euros, a snip.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 12:05:29 PM »
All this talk of period ashtrays, but I wonder how many of you actually smoke? Isn't smoking in an enclosed space more harmful then regular smoking!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 02:05:19 PM »
I know smoking is madness and un PC but if you have a footprint of an ash tray on your side panel and a couple of screw holes its the only thing to fit plus handy to keep your Dartford crossing money in!

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 07:09:43 PM »
All this talk of period ashtrays, but I wonder how many of you actually smoke? Isn't smoking in an enclosed space more harmful then regular smoking!

Well, its better than farting in a Peel Trident! Only hole is the right "hand indicator hole" ! ;D
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 07:51:39 PM »
Beans, beans, good for your heart
The more you eat the more you fart
The more you fart the better you feel
So please eat beans when driving your Peel.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 09:03:38 PM »
Beans, beans, good for your heart
The more you eat the more you fart
The more you fart the better you feel
So please eat beans when driving your Peel.

;D ;D ;D
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 09:34:13 AM »

You ask this of two stroke fans? Personally I am into blowing asbestos dust round with a compressor in my spare time!

All these dangers are made more visible and you are made to feel guilty about it. Pity it does not run to food additives, dodgy petrol additives and a host of other things which were not as prevalent as when I had a gasper behind the bike shed as a kid. A strange world we live in with stranger values!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2011, 09:40:29 AM »
I know smoking is madness and un PC but if you have a footprint of an ash tray on your side panel and a couple of screw holes its the only thing to fit plus handy to keep your Dartford crossing money in!

Well soon you will have the option of the Bonko Auto Toilet Roll dispenser which will be more useful when the Dartford crossing insists on only paper money! I like the option off one interior set I have with these two holes which simply resolved the situation by marking one hole in Biro as in and the other out. Brilliant!

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 07:44:34 AM »

You ask this of two stroke fans? Personally I am into blowing asbestos dust round with a compressor in my spare time!

All these dangers are made more visible and you are made to feel guilty about it. Pity it does not run to food additives, dodgy petrol additives and a host of other things which were not as prevalent as when I had a gasper behind the bike shed as a kid. A strange world we live in with stranger values!

What's a gasper?  Do you mean a cheeky B&H?

As for venting in a Trident that's the least of your worries.   Being squashed by some mindless bint in her X6 or Q7 springs to mind.

"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »
I think a gasper is traditionally a none filter cigarette but in principle yes. Hated smoking but if its banned you have to do it. I had a suitably adapted packet of Polos made in the back of the woodwork room to hide the single contraband and never got caught like most who's most imaginative move was the common hollow pen.

Q7, driven as erratically as Spike Milligan's sketch show but with less humour.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2011, 10:18:52 AM »
which micros are safe to be driven casually by one hand anyway ? and which smooth ride would ensure you didnt have a lapful of ash with all that shaking going on ? explains why so few micros had radios too as again not really suitable . they're just accessories
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977