Author Topic: my first three wheeler  (Read 3530 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
my first three wheeler
« on: November 12, 2011, 09:50:14 AM »
a few photos from the archive ; my first 3 wheeler, my first 4 wheeler , my first 4 wheeler powered - brothers and friends, my first 4 wheeler i.c.e.
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: my first three wheeler
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 09:56:42 AM »
Dear Dickie

Posting photographs of you in a dress does explain one or two things!

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 10:46:03 AM »
ah but not all  ;)

that by the way is my ROMPER SUIT we werent all wearing drainpipes and winkle pickers in 1959  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »
Nice 'soapbox' cart. A thing rarely seen for many a year but as kids we were always scouting round for replacement parts, better technology and ideas. Like Meccano etc its where engineers came from with dad's round here only really offering safety monitoring and support in out of bounds tooling. Fun to learn the basics and all practical skills. Engineers out of books, I think not. You have to have the practical ability to start with. I never produced such a civilised one as your though. We were firmly into speed and strength for collisions having a good hill nearby and the occasion when dirty tactics would be employed.

'Dresses'. Of course. Simple to make and keep clean, less wear than trousers if you have the sort of child that is clearly perfectly happy having pranged the trike and probably into everything. I had the family baby wear including the famed 'Scotch Panties' for best. All our child's stuff is passed on for re use. Buy new, got to be loaded! Its what made Britain great and got you ready for public schooling. (I refused to go to Bristol's QEH as they had a uniform including a skirt thing and cape. Wonder if the still have?). However it will be interesting to see how much of this old stuff my Niece will use shortly. Going to be a great uncle, all the more reason to be more eccentric.

I guess the Thunderbolt is long gone?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 11:05:27 AM »
fraid so but i did buy another thunderbolt at a car boot - intended to restore it but never did . sold it at Beaulieu . the new owner by the way was furnished with a copy of the photo - he seemed pleased as he tucked it into his shoulder bag anyway  ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 08:32:04 AM »
We were looking at the pics last night and Dave H worked out who it was. He commented that the cart looked a bit like a Gordon, which it does actually. It was destiny!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 05:40:00 PM »
thats one word for it ! ;D