Author Topic: Brutches...  (Read 8364 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Brutches...
« on: November 16, 2011, 10:13:01 PM »
Came across these pictures:

Dont recognise any of them... The bottom one looks similar to one model, but a bit different.
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Brutches...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 10:23:38 PM »
know them both. the bottom one is a Swiss licenced Bruetsch - the Belcar. based on the original Spatz . this car was  photographed in France when new  it's now i think in DWAC holland ?lovely car . the top one is a V2N i think no paperwork with me  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 12:48:01 AM »
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 05:34:23 PM »
of course pretty obvious but the top car is the wait for it ........ JET 175 - its even on the plate . i dont really count it as it doesnt bear much resemblance to a Bruetsch and i think must have had a different hand .
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 05:38:55 PM »
of course pretty obvious but the top car is the wait for it ........ JET 175 - its even on the plate . i dont really count it as it doesnt bear much resemblance to a Bruetsch and i think must have had a different hand .

Still, its a fibreglass looking brutch ;)
Mopeds:

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 05:41:02 PM »
there is an english translation of the first link

actually as that link makes it clear , i had forgotten , this belcar was destroyed by vandals in 1966 . there is a SIMILAR one in holland

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 05:46:40 PM by lightweight dickie »

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 07:43:39 PM »
there is an english translation of the first link

actually as that link makes it clear , i had forgotten , this belcar was destroyed by vandals in 1966 . there is a SIMILAR one in holland

here

and check this iout!
Mopeds:

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 08:14:28 PM »
yes indeed but well known photos  ;)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 08:36:56 PM »
yes indeed but well known photos  ;)

hehe I'm still an amateur, dont know all of that info ;)
Mopeds:

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 04:44:39 PM »
jonathan the car with the lady is the zwerg (midget/dwarf) probably only one of these survive , its in germany and has been recently restored . you have seen that same car on my flikr.com page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50563107@N04/
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 04:47:33 PM by lightweight dickie »

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 05:15:49 PM »
jonathan the car with the lady is the zwerg (midget/dwarf) probably only one of these survive , its in germany and has been recently restored . you have seen that same car on my flikr.com page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50563107@N04/

I knew that, I ewas just wondering about the one on the right, looks different with the headlights like that...
Mopeds:

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 06:21:06 PM »
its complicated ! :-\

bruetsch designed the car on my flikr , yours with the lady , he called it the zwerg einsitzer - midget one seater . he logically then designed a slightly larger car with almost the same styling . he called it the Zwerg zweisitzer , midget two seater . shortly after these he designed a totally different car , the one bottom right , very different styling and called it the Zwerg !!

AAARGH !!

one thing i always find strange is the survival of all the original wheeltrims ! the early 50's b/w press photos are still on this surviving car , the french red/white photo has the same wheel trims as the surviving car in switzerland and my Pfeil still has its original 1956 ally wheeltrims - incredible survival rate ! :o
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 06:56:14 PM by lightweight dickie »

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 11:45:48 AM »
its complicated ! :-\

bruetsch designed the car on my flikr , yours with the lady , he called it the zwerg einsitzer - midget one seater . he logically then designed a slightly larger car with almost the same styling . he called it the Zwerg zweisitzer , midget two seater . shortly after these he designed a totally different car , the one bottom right , very different styling and called it the Zwerg !!

AAARGH !!

one thing i always find strange is the survival of all the original wheeltrims ! the early 50's b/w press photos are still on this surviving car , the french red/white photo has the same wheel trims as the surviving car in switzerland and my Pfeil still has its original 1956 ally wheeltrims - incredible survival rate ! :o

... unlike Nobel Hubcaps! Luckily I bought new ones for my car, since they shot up in value since! Problem is, I need a 3rd ;)

I guess the most annoying thing, is that my car proibably had chrome hubcaps originally. And my car didnt come with hubcaps.

All the pictures of early Nobels I have had chrome hubcaps...
Mopeds:

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 12:22:51 PM »
funny thing is when i bought the Bruetsch the trims werent on , the owner said he had some bits including "some old ally wheel discs - very scruffy " at home somewhere . he promised to dig them out . how often have you heard this from a vendor and the extras never turn up .

anyhow a phonecall a while later and he had found the bits which included the piece of script Pfeil to go on the wing ! and as i say the wheeltrims are the originals from 1956 - they havent been on the car for 20 years or so

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 01:49:26 PM »
funny thing is when i bought the Bruetsch the trims werent on , the owner said he had some bits including "some old ally wheel discs - very scruffy " at home somewhere . he promised to dig them out . how often have you heard this from a vendor and the extras never turn up .

anyhow a phonecall a while later and he had found the bits which included the piece of script Pfeil to go on the wing ! and as i say the wheeltrims are the originals from 1956 - they havent been on the car for 20 years or so

Lucky you!

We werent as lucky with our '55 schmitt we got. Fine, it was still a very good deal, but its not the original door, and has different hubcaps. It was meant to have very unusual hubcaps orignally, but when they swapped the door, they probably swapped hubcaps too. A wing has been changed aswell. The previous owner said he rolled it. Not sure what to believe, since he didnt completely seem "with it", at first he said his mom bought it new, then he said he bought it of a lady who rolled it, and his mom never owned it...
Mopeds: