Author Topic: Mini-Comtesse on eBay  (Read 39040 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Mini-Comtesse on eBay
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2013, 07:37:44 PM »
So everyone seems reasonably happy with what the have got, save for any obvious issues and broken parts. It remains to be seen exactly how many versions of this car there actually are, a lot. Unless someone is to be devoted to tracking down all leads, its going to be a group affair over time to jostle all the facts in place, but there is at least some logic coming in now. I think my work is done here for a bit. Much easier with the new computer and the Mint suite of programs. Like getting images etc.

As to Sachs 50 parts I have not looked further than Harry Timmerman, as he seemed to offer the clutch you wanted NOS. I know I found one other supplier who was asking around Euro 68 for a new clutch. www.raketsport.com? The gear is harder and really needs to be found in a parts book for accuracy or part number. A good used one would do. I am not tempted to invest in the books as it looks likely the Norsja will be moving on shortly, but the new owner might. All part of moving out of the smaller cars I am afraid. Crayford has a suitor too, except it is buried behind 40 ft of everything else! Might be hand over at the National, Barry. Any good?

Did the Flipper 2 booklet I passed over ever get reproduced?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2013, 08:07:33 PM »
Always interested Al but you drive a hard bargain.  I am always looking for a half decent Invacar 70 body of course. Good to see a little stir of interest in the French collection of oddities.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2013, 08:39:21 AM »
Always interested Al but you drive a hard bargain.  I am always looking for a half decent Invacar 70 body of course. Good to see a little stir of interest in the French collection of oddities.

Ah, not well put, reading my comment back. I was thinking of your chance to actually see it, as it looks to go to pastures new. Trouble is this National is a bit of a trek from yours.

Nothing has turned up on the Type 70 front for a while has it? Stuart not being as proactive is one reason but there are only the limited number of survivors. My feeling is several more caches of unscrapped cars are out there but as is the way with all these things the easy stuff gets found first. Buying the Lanark stock was always going to have an element of the long term about it. That is why I hung back as I was, and still am not, able to make that commitment to a load of new stock unless it is due to be chucked and/or very cheap. Come the end of this year that will finally change, but my interests are elsewhere now. I think folk get confused about what I traded, and still, part time trade in to clear, and what is a case of intervention purchase just to be sure stuff gets saved. I tried to get this across so as to back Stuart up on his Hobby and ICR but it seems not to have fallen on fertile ground elsewhere. The idea was to provide a central storage to stockpile parts and cars then, while they were cheap and available. It was not for me to profiteer out of it as the ICR would have controlled the stock and I would have covered my costs. Then Peels happened in Witney, so I got the IC cars outright. All the later negativity has seen Stuart step back from what was a very promising position. He is now more interested in puddle jumpers again. So its for someone else to protect IC cars interests as clearly I am an ineffective ally, in this instance. Not sure where that leaves the ICs. Stuart is disappointed I have not gone after the Harper, but it no longer fits in with what I shall be doing. All I know is I shall keep the best Type 70 and enjoy it abilities and its continuing uplift while I look to place the other one as a going concern, possibly as soon as August. Be sure if I find any dead IC Stuart will get to know first and then the existing safe havens from there.

I think these small French cars represent an excellent area to collect as they are not yet overpriced. If I was in France I would be seriously after them. Its a whole subsection of Microcar bringing things into the modern era. A class of car of which Britain has little to offer. Bamby and Cursor really. I am surprised it has not spun its own club off actually.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2013, 06:52:38 PM »

Or you could have one of these.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2013, 07:52:51 PM »
How could I have one of these?

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2013, 05:27:38 AM »
A wider fiberglass nose piece and a quart of blue paint on your signature vehicle should do it.
If you want to go all out you can give it an Hispanic pet name also. ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2013, 09:35:48 AM »
Ren Hoek? Go with a Tiger called Stimpy.

Stef

• Occasional
  • Don't burst my Bubble World!
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2013, 08:26:31 PM »
Ren Hoek? Go with a Tiger called Stimpy.