Author Topic: Two pack aerosol paint  (Read 2101 times)

Jim

• Chatty
  • Just aquired 1963 Bond needs loads of resto work
Two pack aerosol paint
« on: September 16, 2013, 04:45:04 PM »
Wondering if any of you lot have got any experience with 2k paint in a spray can, Just got myself some of the paint I have had my Bond sprayed in I got it on line as 2K paint in an aerosol I`m going to use it on small parts, please be assured I know its dangerous stuff so will take precautions but I`m wondering about how long the spray paint in the aerosol will last once I`ve set the activator off by pulling and twisting the rod on the bottom of can, do I need to use all the paint there and then or can I just use a small amount at different times. :D
Had Bond Minicar MKG in 1967 never forget your first car so just had to get enougher one now and restore it

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Two pack aerosol paint
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 06:02:06 PM »
I've used a lot of 2k in a can. Air dry though. No activator. Were you joking about twisting a knob on the can? I have never heard of this.

Jim

• Chatty
  • Just aquired 1963 Bond needs loads of resto work
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 06:06:40 AM »
Hi Bob, I kid you not the instructions say remove cap and insert metal ring provided pull fully out and twist 360 to release activator   Have just done some research on line and it seams once the activator is released the product will last only 24 hours in the can.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:39:16 AM by Jim »
Had Bond Minicar MKG in 1967 never forget your first car so just had to get enougher one now and restore it

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 08:59:30 AM »
Well that makes sense as its a chemical reaction. Must admit this is a new one on me but what a fantastic idea!

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 11:54:43 AM »
Hi Bob, I kid you not the instructions say remove cap and insert metal ring provided pull fully out and twist 360 to release activator

After doing that, I would listen carefully to see if it has started ticking.......