Author Topic: AC gearbox ?  (Read 4057 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: AC gearbox ?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 10:17:33 AM »
Argh! Another one. Steven?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 11:51:12 AM »
Yep-that'd be the beast of over burden.
Has an authentic glaze, like a well crisped turkey just out of the oven, or a dire wolf fossil just pulled from the tar pit.
Probably a result of long term accumulation of oil excretion mixed with dirt and baked by the sun during long term outdoor storage.  A partial mummification process that may have kept the clutches dry plates from rusting.
Almost a shame that the patina has been dislodged in the larger less sharply contoured/ enclosed areas by a quick spray with decreaser, and hosing off with no time allotted for intermediate brushing.

At the price that it will probably go for, it would probably be worth buying, if not for the cost of pickup and postage.
Does any body live near enough the seller to be willing to do me the favor of picking it up and helping arrange for postage?
I would of course reimburse their costs and be glad to return the favor if someone needs parts sourced from the Los Angeles area.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 11:54:15 AM by steven mandell »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 06:55:58 PM »
sorry wrong end of the country for me
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 07:19:36 PM »
Thank you foryour consideration.
I didn't expect to get lucky before the auctions end this day- but it would be a nice surprise, as it seems too risky to bid on otherwise.
Does anybody have a clue what it would cost to ship to Los Angeles?
 Its fairly compact, and weighs 30 lbs.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 08:41:10 PM »
That's 13.6 kilograms.  About £120.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 09:48:54 PM »
Thanks Bob.
I really didn't have a clue.
Probably end up around 10x the purchase price by the time it made its way to my door.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 06:22:09 PM »
good job it's not one of these currently on ebay , a 1950's LLoyd 300cc two stroke - look at the gearbox and clutch on this one ( very similar to my 400cc Lloyd )
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 06:25:48 PM by richard »