Author Topic: odd car  (Read 6823 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:31:52 PM by blob »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Scootacar in DE
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 12:42:20 PM »
Love that description - exotisch ! Sounds very naughty somehow  :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 01:17:34 PM »
I thought you were keeping that one quite Mike in case forum users were bidding on it and didn't want everone to know about it? >:(

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 06:27:05 PM »

I thought you were keeping that one quite Mike

Didn't think so, did that with that oddball car, but then lifes fairly boring with nothing to report, besides doubt passes the reserve.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 08:00:20 PM »
Its only boring when you are not doing anything with microcars. Looking at photos, "have you seen on ebay" is not what the hobby is all about. Get some dirt under your fingernails!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 08:18:02 PM »
i agree with you bob , i think i only tend to post odd villiers items i.e. odd villiers/albion gearboxes etc usually incorrectly spelled or described that are really peculiar ones . i think general 50's 60's micros should not be highlighted . those who are looking will find and speculators will miss them  ;)

we've had this discussion before haven't we ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: odd car
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 08:33:18 PM »
Well, I emailed bob and he could have removed my post. As I have no power to do so.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 09:26:01 PM »
I think that would be an abuse of my moderator privileges, I am only stating an opinion. I don't make the rules. I think the best way for me to curb your habit Mike is to refuse to buy you coffee when we travel to rallies together! ;D
Mike and I had a long chat on this and I think part of my irritation is down to how bored I am getting with the forum. I guess its due to the fact that its about all the odd ball stuff that very little technical talk and help goes on between owners. Far to much have you seen this on ebay, what can you see in this old black and white photo, that's off topic you wally! Its driving me nuts. So different to other car forums, one make ones where folk are constantly talking about there cars , how to fix them, where to get parts etc etc. That's what I like. Its compounded by the fact that so many members Either don't even own microcars or if they do they seldom do anything with them. Maybe I'm just having a grumpy day! ;D

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 09:54:55 PM »
Maybe I'm just having a grumpy day! ;D

No, you're just getting old! ??? ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 10:09:42 PM »
well i know i post a lot of drivel bob but it's usually that no-one else is posting ANYTHING . is my posting putting others off or just filling a void - discuss .
you tend to be very focussed , or blinkered , in your postings but if we all were so defined would there be even less of interest ? i don't know 

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 10:19:23 PM »
Far too much have you seen this on ebay, what can you see in this old black and white photo

I love the odd B/W pic as it makes a good talking point. I also think there should be a 'Seen on eBay' thread, even if one resorts to only posting expired auctions, as there have been some curious vehicles for sale of late.  :o   

Point taken about recent activity, though not all posts from eBay resort to the cars selling at huge prices, the Weinsberg Coupe that I posted here, was a RHD and only attracted a solitary bid, now I discover it was mega rare with only 2 other RHD examples known worldwide. Chalk & cheese!

Unfortunately Bob, your coffee tariff is far larger than you imagined.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:33:58 PM by blob »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 11:23:02 PM »
I think Rob could be right. Just getting old!

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 02:12:20 AM »
I run into all sorts of seemingly unsolvable technical problems.  Usually on a weekly basis, attempting to get my cars the way I want them.
I some how usually manage to come up with an improbable  solution, that I unrelentingly persue until it surprises by finally getting me through the impasse.
Seemingly by sheer stubbornness.
 I also seem to progress at only a snail's  pace.
I haven't posted  the majority of these mechanical dramas because I thought that the majority of Rumcar members would not be interested in the technical aspects of my trials and tribulation, even though it is immensely satisfying if I finally win out over the forces of mechanical evil that so often beset me.

Do you guys want in on my mechanical challenges of the week?
I will adjust my contributions in accordance with responces received.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 11:43:13 AM »
I am building houses and Citroens, not Microcars, at the moment. When I do start on a Micro it will be a schmitt, which is probably about as non Rum as you can get, in small cars. Otherwise I can go on about Invalid Carriages, banned, or continue to make smart arse comments, which I am doing.

Technical stuff, great if I think I know the answer but otherwise it up to someone else who does. Occasionally a roaring silence. So either its secret, or no one on here is doing that sort of car up. But even when folk are known to own stuff, getting simple info is difficult. I wonder how many owners research the car and marque when they purchase. I tend to as you need a certain amount of data to do anything with it. Collectors have less need, if they only intend static use. Bizarrely the collectors of brochures and mags who do have info are often loath to supply it to owners who do not. I never understood that. Unless those guys assume owners to be avid collectors of paper on their chosen car. Cannot afford to be. Its car going or a paper collection with static car as the prices are to high. The only time that changes is with a choice to keep a certain marque as the investment is then worth while. I therefore keep manuals for cars I might revisit and have a rather handy, if eclectic, mix of informative books from 35 years messing about. There are huge gaps, though. Nothing Isetta, unless Vellam, for instance. 
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 11:59:43 AM »
Forgot the original topic.

Had a few of the Zapors. Russian tractors, they are called. 3 slow gears and one frightening one. The are a sort of off road NSU if you like. The best think on them is the petrol heater and the hatch in the passinger footwell so you can go ice fishing in winter. It would be interesting to campagn one in VSCC Hillclimbing.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs