Author Topic: IC sales continue  (Read 2789 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
IC sales continue
« on: June 01, 2014, 07:34:13 AM »
Another Invalid Carriage has sold. So the availability of Mk12s to restore is getting less.

I do not think ICs are a market you can wait out at the moment. The undercurrant of interest, in part driven by the high price of Microcars, is a trend. Where that ends is difficult to say, as few restored and usable IC have changed hands, but the fact is these machines have moved squarely into Microcar territory with the DVLA positioning them as Historic Cars. Much more so than certain other vehicles pressurizing to be accepted as microcars. But for the control systems these cars are undeniably microcar now.

The available 130 so car type IC are rare enough to soon not be in sufficient quantity to fill the available market. My prediction is Type 70 in restored order to be £3,000 and a Villiers earlier version in the same sort of order £2,000, depending on model. As these cars appear in that condition I think the export market will pick some off and steady whatever the price will be. So those who got in instead of scoffing will have done rather well from an investment point of view.

What is also clear is that the shortage with IC is body panels. Particularly Type 70, with many powered chassis in existence. This as destroying the GRP body was sufficient for some contractors to receive the scrappage bounty so they never got round to cutting up and scrapping the chassis. These found their way into private hands. We are a long way from an Andy Carter finding it worth banging out body kits. However panel-less Villiers engined cars are about to and inevitably some tatty cars will be broken to complete these cars.

Anyway a couple of predictions there, free. Be interesting to see if I am right.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: IC sales continue
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 09:54:21 PM »
you say most when you say nothing at all  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

milnes

• Quite Chatty
Re: IC sales continue
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 10:09:12 PM »
I agree with Al, the IC's like the AC 70 are excellent cars and really should be considered as a Micro car.
I need to stop buying!