Author Topic: Isetta V5 on ebay  (Read 5076 times)

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
Isetta V5 on ebay
« on: June 27, 2014, 09:49:21 AM »
So why are people bidding silly money for an age related V5 that has no relevance to their car when you can get the same thing from Swansea for £55 plus a small fee from the car club its not even a nice number
The serial plate is not even stamped and Swansea note all of these transactions so there could be more problems
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Isetta V5 on ebay
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:26:52 AM »
 In this paragraph I am talking in general terms and am not talking about the IOC.

Often it's because the V765 man within some clubs has let the power go to his head and has created so many unnecessary hoops for the applicant to jump through, requiring such petty points of detail about the vehicle, far and away beyond what Swansea actually require to process a V765, merely to make his post as vehicle verifier feel ever so important to himself. And then he often has the front to charge a fee of several hundred pounds merely to look at a photo, sign a form and apply a rubber stamp.

If any club's V765 verifier is worth his salt, he should be able to tell at a glance if the vehicle & application in front of him is correct or not for what is being requested. Certainly there is no reason why any inspection should take longer than half an hour, nor any official dating letter take longer than the same time scale to write. Rubber stamping of a photocopied page from a County Council Vehicle Registration Ledger? How long does it take to get your stamp out of its box? Of the V765 form itself, that takes no longer than a couple of minutes to complete.  What's a generous hour's pay? £25?   

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 12:12:53 PM »
I think Its a shame the car is being sold in parts, it looks like he has quite a bit of it and could have sold it on as a project.
Maybe its because the chassis has been modified to take a modern engine. Another reason to leave them alone!

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 12:22:04 PM »
So why are people bidding silly money for an age related V5

It seems there are many stupid people out there with silly money. I found one on ebay last week. I put on an old Welsh postcard at a start price of 50p as a joke, being in what I thought bad condition. Two silly sods trying to out bid each other took it up to £89.07. Another set of  four went for £51.  I'm now going to sort out more of the old crap in my shed.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 12:33:11 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 01:32:40 PM »
Ah yes rob but it could be you that's the silly sod perhaps they got the bargain - you never know  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 04:42:43 PM »
I am all for what Stuart says about the V765 but this car was never done on that basis this is a new number on the age related route you just need to Year date the vehicle
Age related £55 do not know what some clubs charge I do them for the tractor club I am in A years membership £20 and its away  same applies to V765 Proof can be photographic rubber stamp the V765 and of to Swansea
Some are more trouble than others but it gives the vehicle its original registration

I think what he is doing is not legal anyway as the plate is not stamped  I see it has been removed !
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:46:05 PM by Garybond »
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 10:14:31 PM »
Ah yes rob but it could be you that's the silly sod perhaps they got the bargain - you never know  ;)

I know they didn't get a bargain as in April an identical unused card sold for £26. So, I'm a winner! Also known sometimes as a whiner  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 07:50:26 AM »
What a Bruce Whiner. The British version of the now famous American.

As to Reg Numbers, the director of the DVLA  ;D, I am not permitted to speak on this forum.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs