Author Topic: Bond MKG Master Cylinder  (Read 2095 times)

Jim

• Chatty
  • Just aquired 1963 Bond needs loads of resto work
Bond MKG Master Cylinder
« on: September 11, 2014, 05:09:40 PM »
Hi all well so near yet so far i have finished the MKG restoration but cannot get the brakes to work very well, I know they were never great but believe me mine are bad loads of travel on the brake pedal almost at bottom of floor, well I tried all the usual bleading adjusting etc no joy I now think its the master cylinder at fault because the rod that pushes into the master cylinder travels almost its full distance before the brakes are applied, any of you got information on how it works and do any of you know the Lockheed part number for it or what car it came from originally,  when I got the master cylinder I was told its new old stock. :-[

Had Bond Minicar MKG in 1967 never forget your first car so just had to get enougher one now and restore it

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Bond MKG Master Cylinder
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 05:53:32 PM »
Well I know NOTHING about brakes but could it just be the wrong activating rod i.e. too long ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jim

• Chatty
  • Just aquired 1963 Bond needs loads of resto work
Re: Bond MKG Master Cylinder
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 07:08:55 PM »
Hi Richard yes I`m wondering what the correct length of this rod should be as well, good news is I`ve managed to extrapalate info for part numbers from the Bond Minicar Tips book and a pdf file I`ve found on line   http://www.northwestclassic.co.uk/lockheed%20cyl2%20applications.pdf   

The master cylinder is part number 103515
Repair kit part number KL71535
Had Bond Minicar MKG in 1967 never forget your first car so just had to get enougher one now and restore it