Author Topic: Lancashire Microcar Society  (Read 8297 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Lancashire Microcar Society
« on: September 02, 2015, 10:22:16 PM »
Recently I bought some badges included were two rally type plaques from this club I have never heard of them , when did they exist and were they multi make ? That 70's melamine ? Type one red one blue , who was in the club ? Thanks
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 08:23:22 AM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Lancashire Microcar Society
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 08:55:38 AM »
Perhaps back to that question of when we first called them microcars ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 10:31:26 AM »
At a guess I would thing Sam Wase might have had some involvement. He was ever a motivator and one of the old school who had the cars when they were still being made.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 11:24:44 AM »
Ah yes ! A Schmitt man I think ? He was doing the north west pub night when I got into micros in the 80's they relocated from Chorley and stopped meeting shortly after . Something I said ? But this Society was it secret ? Rally plaques for at least two years shows some level of support

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 03:31:39 PM »
Lancashire Micro Car Society ,(I must be getting old >:() , their one and only rally was at sunny Southport the seaside gem on the Lancashire coast , 1980's , I cant much remember names or faces/cars but red Mk D Bond VON +++ and owner driver in attendance , and your's truly in his Bond Mk G tourer CDC 90C , we camped over and was given a engraved/etched glass cup/beaker for attendance - also the rally info/program , these I still have and will post photo soon .

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 07:42:11 PM »
would love to know more , were you a member? how many members ? size of Rally ? Any members still around ? And it does look like at least two Rallies - but undated

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 08:30:40 PM »
questions , questions ( ;D) all i remember i think it was a one off rally , but the rally plaque looks familier, I could have got the class cup for best in show ? I realy cant remember - also I appolojize it was not at Southport but further in land we (son & I)  had a trip into Southport on the Saturday afternoon . I've found the sheet of paper with everything on , I'll get the  box down and find the cup/mug and rally plaque , one name that comes to mind is Doug Felton then owner of VON+++ , and been film in those days you thought before you clicked ! , the only photos I can find is one of Doug in the Mk D and one of junior .
photos to-morrow.

The reason I remember the weekend is , on the way home near Barnard Castle we lost power , replaced the plugs - good spark at TDC , limped home on one pot , next day another check and noticed through the plug hole both pistons at TDC , heads off then applied finger to piston heads , the drive side slowly went down the bore , so off came the barrals and said piston crown had snapped off around the area of the top ring . 

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 08:39:40 PM »
wow that's an odd one ! off to Beaulieu back late Sunday and check in here Monday then off to Crete for 10days so not being rude if I don't reply soonest  ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 07:34:37 AM »
Piston Broke, old joke. But a gold star for a save.

Mind the Crete con in the setting sun. Cheap shoes, no!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 02:50:21 PM »
wow that's an odd one ! off to Beaulieu back late Sunday and check in here Monday then off to Crete for 10days so not being rude if I don't reply soonest  ;)

make sure only them that goes comes back   ;) :D

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 02:57:49 PM »
as promised ...

the leaflet/rally program .
the glass mug/cup  - etched .

date says August 9 1981 .

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 01:43:32 PM by Jim Janecek »

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 03:01:49 PM »
that went wrong - may be a Mod can sort them the right way up ?

the etcings on the class .
and the rally attendance plaque .
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 01:44:28 PM by Jim Janecek »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 11:41:29 AM »
well I recon your rally plaque is orange , mine are definitely red and blue so they either did mixed colours ,odd, for the one undated rally or they did three separate rallies hmmm thanks for the pics

plas man

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 08:16:30 PM »
thanks richard , there must be other owners that attended the weekend so there may be photos also ?

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2015, 07:00:57 PM »
Details of the second Lancashire Microcar rally.