Author Topic: Tony's Messerschmitt  (Read 46239 times)

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: Tony's Messerschmitt
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2011, 02:42:27 PM »
EEEEK!  :o NO THANKS.
How about front lights, side lights, interior lights, different size bulbs, wire connectors, anything but rear lights!  :D

Oh yes. Welcome to the forum MesserC, from one of the nutters. Rob.  ;D

Good luck with the restoration.  
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 02:45:13 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2011, 05:35:59 PM »
Hello all, lot's of off topic banter and conflicting opinions, happy days, but back to the subject: Tony's Messerschmitt, is now my Messerschmitt and is in it new home in the west of Ireland where it will stay for the foreseeable future and will undergo restoration as time/finance/parts availability allows and then be USED. Any info, articles, pics of this car any of you guys might have saved or seen from the past would be a great interest to me, as it's story is just as important to me.

Welcome to you MesserC  I do hope you enjoy being a part of this crazy gang, their barks are far worse than their bites !!!!! Don't forget to let Alastair Lauchland have your name and address because I am sure that Tony's Messerschmitt has a RUM Number and we do like to know where each car is living.      Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2011, 08:06:40 PM »
Hello Francis,
Welcome to the forum.  Your are very lucky to own such a well known KR200.  Here is probably the earliest known photograph of 503RKE taken in 1964 before Tony
owned it.  There should be many more picture of it during Tony's ownership though.  I am sure that it even featured in that gents publication 'Mayfair' in 1977 in the most tasteful manner  ::)
I hope you enjoy the restoration process and perhaps retain the period metallic blue colour from it first restoration
Grant

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2011, 08:22:36 PM »
We should recreate that picture.  Where was it taken and what does it look like now?
Easy to find a few Messerschmitts.  Not so easy to find a jumper like that though!

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2011, 09:19:56 PM »
Three pictures from Tony's eBay Ad. and the nearest I could find of a jumper.

I've got too much time to waste.  ;D

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2011, 09:59:35 PM »
I recognise the registrations 661 MPK and XLX 132. I'll have to do a bit of memory digging to remember where though.           Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2011, 09:49:07 AM »

Make a nice jigsaw puzzle picture. Pic says Hillingdon. So no parking and soon no 2 strokes. The Cafe will be Sillybucks now where you need a mortgage for a snack and the pub will be closed and turned into an ethnic minority meeting place with Government money. The No Entry sign will no longer be on that lovely old post but facing the wrong way on a green and passinger friendly modern job, probably with a CTV camera on top. I cannot wait to not go there.

I was going to say that I thought RKE featured large in the famed Mayfair Bubblecar expose. Be more fun recreating the pictures in that but there we go.

Welcome to the Forum where there can be whole levels of experience apparently unrelated to Microcars. I blame those old jumpers myself.

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

MesserC

• Just Starting
« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2011, 01:20:48 PM »
Guys, sincere thanks for the warmest of welcomes and that excellent picture. Any more info or links would be greatly appreciated whenever they pop to mind. I'm game for recreating that picture, won't be able to confirm a date just yet. Al through could rush the restoration for the recreation in Mayfair. Does anyone know the Volume and or issue number of the mag. I found a similar item for sale but from 1990.

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/102100626/karen-brennan-mayfair-vol-25-no-6-karen-brennan-1990.html

Speaking of jumpers, Tony was wearing quite a nice jumper when we meet. Looking forward to keeping him informed on the progress with little machine as it develops

Trident

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2011, 02:26:04 PM »
Does anyone know the Volume and or issue number of the mag.

I've got the magazine but the pages are stuck together.  :-\

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2011, 02:39:02 PM »
My Mummy always told me to be aware of dirty men!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 02:41:49 PM by Rob Dobie »

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2011, 03:28:55 PM »
We should recreate that picture.  Where was it taken and what does it look like now?
Easy to find a few Messerschmitts.  Not so easy to find a jumper like that though!

Found it!  Photo from their web site.

The Red Lion Hotel, Royal Lane, Hillingdon, Uxbridge, Middlesex. UB8 3QP

Put that address in Google Maps and you will find it on the street view just off the A4020 Uxbridge Road. Looks as if the next door cafe is part of the hotel now.

There's an undertakers next door!  ;D

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2011, 03:43:08 PM »
That's a fabulous pic - looks like slide film? Thanks for sharing and very interesting to see the place as it is now. I found this site the other day which allows you to pin your old photos to their locations if you like that sort of thing!

http://www.historypin.com/photos/#/geo:51.409008,-1.044914/zoom:16/date_from:1840-01-01/date_to:2001-12-31/marker:7433022/
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2011, 03:46:32 PM »
Well done Rob, a good bit of detective work.  I believe that these KR200s belonged to MOC (L&SE) members who a few years later formed the MEC which had its strong hold in North/West London.
Happy Christmas to all.  Had a couple of hours working on the Frisky Sport today before being called in doors for some festive dining, there is always tomorrow though  ;D
Grant

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2011, 04:14:47 PM »
I love recreations providing some of the other cars still exist. To the determined the new yellow lines will present no obstacle.
Happy Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 04:23:17 PM by wilksie »
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."

MesserC

• Just Starting
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2012, 09:26:11 AM »
Guys,

I was talking the Tony the other week and he does remember it being in Mayfair but cant remember when exactly and he doesn't have a copy. 'Mayfair' in 1977 in accordance with scootacar.
Anyone else know anything about this as I'm failing to find it.