Author Topic: Tony's Messerschmitt  (Read 46226 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: Tony's Messerschmitt
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2011, 01:07:01 PM »
We shouldnt castigate Perry too much, after all he is a genuine enthusiast, a little sparring is harmless enough but we dont want to alienate anyone from the forum, beside that he is a chum of mine.

ps, I didnt delete his posts.

I didnt mean it like that, I meant that he deleted his own posts  ;D
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2011, 01:24:04 PM »
If people want to be into microcars as an investment I suggest they could do far better elsewhere. I know a bloke not sitting too far from where I'm sitting who made 92K profit on one motorbike two of years ago. Can't think of his name right now....
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2011, 01:47:34 PM »
What was it, a Vincent?
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2011, 01:51:26 PM »
No, the're girls bikes. It was a 1937 Brough Superior SS100. A proper motorcycle, built by pie eaters.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2011, 02:08:58 PM »
Lovely Motorcycle.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2011, 02:31:23 PM »
Nick's always had the Midas touch!

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2011, 03:26:46 PM »
looks like my 700cc 2 seater fibreglass van isnt a micro,despite coming under the so called rules,i guess its because it isnt worth a lot,does make me wonder why perry skanked me by buying my 750cc Regal for £1200 and then exporting it for £5000 to a german who by all accounts has blown it up.
As this forum and the microcar scene in general seems to be solely about money,whos got the most,who can get the most,whos car is worth the most,how much they can get a for light lense that was only made for 2 days by one man in a shed in wales,i dont think i wish to hang around in here any more.

the fact is,the only people who can afford these cars are now rich older people.as they get older,and then die,their cars either get auctioned,scrapped,or sold to other older people who again lock them away in heated garages never to be seen again.
a far cry from the rallies in the 70s,for those lucky enough to have been there.
this scene will die with the rest of you,and its all your own fault.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2011, 03:58:14 PM »
 The door's behind you Daniel...

Right folks, I'm shutting down early for Christmas. Over & out til January 3rd. Over the hols I'll be out playing with some cars that bring me great pleasure, with some people who bring me great pleasure & reading back issues of magazines which again bring me great pleasure. And guess what, it's all bubblecars! This world is what you make it, & I'm going there now....    ;D  
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 04:08:37 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2011, 04:01:02 PM »
If this forum isnt your scene Dan then we will quite understand if you go. If your last post is what you really think of us all maybe its for the best!

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2011, 04:02:15 PM »
looks like my 700cc 2 seater fibreglass van isnt a micro,despite coming under the so called rules,i guess its because it isnt worth a lot,does make me wonder why perry skanked me by buying my 750cc Regal for £1200 and then exporting it for £5000 to a german who by all accounts has blown it up.
As this forum and the microcar scene in general seems to be solely about money,whos got the most,who can get the most,whos car is worth the most,how much they can get a for light lense that was only made for 2 days by one man in a shed in wales,i dont think i wish to hang around in here any more.

the fact is,the only people who can afford these cars are now rich older people.as they get older,and then die,their cars either get auctioned,scrapped,or sold to other older people who again lock them away in heated garages never to be seen again.
a far cry from the rallies in the 70s,for those lucky enough to have been there.
this scene will die with the rest of you,and its all your own fault.

Not all of us are like that. We love our cars, we work on them, we use them. We dont keep on about money, and were not the only ones. Only a couple who talk about money.

Here is the TG
Mopeds:

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2011, 05:11:02 PM »
Daniel,
       I don't know you but you have the right atitude. It shouldn't be about money. I get as much of a buzz riding my Puch Maxi as I do a Brough. I like Reliants and there's a Regal saloon near me that I should squeeze out the owner.   I left UK eleven years ago because I got fed up with the weather and how the car scene was changing there. Here in rural France it's like going back forty years in time.     Nick.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2011, 07:38:06 PM »
looks like my 700cc 2 seater fibreglass van isnt a micro
Dan it's very easy to post on this forum, sometimes it has interesting stuff and sometimes it has total ******** You just have to remember that your opinion counts just as much as the people talking total ********, but if you don't contribute these people think the rubbish they're spouting is far more important than it actually is. Bring on the Rebels! and a merry Christmas to one and all. :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 07:46:13 PM by Bob Purton »
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

MesserC

• Just Starting
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2011, 01:45:38 PM »
Hello all, lot's of off topic banter and conflicting opinions, happy days, but back to the subject: Tony's Messerschmitt, is now my Messerschmitt and is in it new home in the west of Ireland where it will stay for the foreseeable future and will undergo restoration as time/finance/parts availability allows and then be USED. Any info, articles, pics of this car any of you guys might have saved or seen from the past would be a great interest to me, as it's story is just as important to me.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2011, 02:04:21 PM »
Hello all, lot's of off topic banter and conflicting opinions, happy days, but back to the subject: Tony's Messerschmitt, is now my Messerschmitt and is in it new home in the west of Ireland where it will stay for the foreseeable future and will undergo restoration as time/finance/parts availability allows and then be USED. Any info, articles, pics of this car any of you guys might have saved or seen from the past would be a great interest to me, as it's story is just as important to me.

Hello, and welcome to the forum!
Dont worry, forum isnt usually like this ;)

My dad *may* have a couple of pictures of the car, since he knew it for a very long time.

JP
Mopeds:

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2011, 02:12:37 PM »
hi and a welcome from me as well  :) ..... now can i get back to talking about back lights then ? ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977