Author Topic: kerry engine  (Read 11223 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
kerry engine
« on: January 15, 2012, 08:26:36 PM »
i know nothing about these engines but are these the ones used  in the kerry capitano ? i imagine quite rare

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KERRY-MOTORCYCLE-BIKE-ENGINE-CLASSIC-VINTAGE-/280731198271?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item415ce2233f

on second thoughts probably too large  :(
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:11:05 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: kerry engine
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 11:21:22 PM »
Well its a moped engine with two pedal shafts so must be from a Capitano.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 05:44:12 PM »
good . now all we have to do is tip the wink to a capitano owner in need of an engine - easy  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 09:52:58 PM »
Funny you should say that, I was parked up along side a guy with one on the Pie run, he completed the run on his Capitano so they are not as rare as you might imagine.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 10:11:45 PM »
i have never seen one but i know of them . i have been particularly thinking of the 3 wheel , vespa ape like , trike . this being a RUM site i thought someone may be interested here .

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 11:14:16 PM »
Jean has got that rusty trike in the collection.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 09:34:55 AM »
Here is the little chap that was on the pie run. its a bike and looks like it uses the engine in question.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 05:11:06 PM »
thanks bob nice little bike i see its andrew pattles photo . still of NACC i presume , i dabbled with a mini-motor for a time .

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 05:33:32 PM »
Andrew is an official of the EACC, he may also be with the NACC but there is bad blood between the two clubs so I dont know. The bad blood is only between some of the officials, the rest of us dont give a monkeys! :D All we want to do is ride our mopeds.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 06:23:08 PM »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 06:27:21 PM »
monkeys ? funky gibbon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXq8rELhUkw

ALSO ADVICE TO BOB ON HOW TO AVOID ACCIDENTS ON THE RUN _ BAND NAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSNSTerj2Kc&feature=related

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 06:32:40 PM by lightweight dickie »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 11:04:57 PM »
Oh Richard, I was hoping I would never have to here that abomination for a song again. It was all the rage when I was a young barristers clerk working at the Temple in 1971/72. Followed closely by Tweedle dee tweedle dumb. Dumb being the operative word! Seventies music at its worst!

Watch the clip again, I WAS in the middle of the road! Just not paying attention. ;D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 09:16:47 AM »
Andrew is an official of the EACC, he may also be with the NACC but there is bad blood between the two clubs so I dont know. The bad blood is only between some of the officials, the rest of us dont give a monkeys! :D All we want to do is ride our mopeds.

How familiar. In one case I can think of, not perhaps known to most on this forum, all the people who fell out originally have died or been locked in institutions for thier own good. Yet the inherited chip on the shoulder is supported by silly little followers like some kind of religious fetish. At least half of those people have some kind of reportable personality disorder according to my Psychiatricly qualified expert friend who has accompanied me to a few events and now refuses to go as it is like being at work! Sadly the fun nutters have mainly left leaving the bores with a larger voice than is comfortable. I no longer give a Honda ST50's either and have little to do with their activities while still owning a car. Hopefully the Mopeds etc. have many years of larking around before that happens.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:20:56 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 09:19:55 AM »
Oh Richard, I was hoping I would never have to here that abomination for a song again. It was all the rage when I was a young barristers clerk working at the Temple in 1971/72. Followed closely by Tweedle dee tweedle dumb. Dumb being the operative word! Seventies music at its worst!

Watch the clip again, I WAS in the middle of the road! Just not paying attention. ;D

Phunky Moped was bought for the flip side, Magic Roundabout, I thought. None the less an Embarristers clerk by the sound of it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 09:40:33 AM »
Al, It is good that you travel with a Psychiatricly qualified expert. 
If only the same support was available for all those in 'care in the community'.
(have you taken your pills today?)