Author Topic: Bruce Weiner auction list is out!  (Read 13340 times)

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
Re: Bruce Weiner auction list is out!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 07:38:53 PM »
They are not consistent. A Bond mk A having the same estimate as a mk C and a mopeta the same as a scootacar. (no offence to grant) Telephone numbers, never mind the buyers premium. Wonder if any will have a reserve.

None taken Malcolm  ;)
I have to agree though.  I would happily swap one of my Scootacars for a Mopetta but I would want an original  ;D

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 08:03:05 PM »
Should we all have another go at guessing the final prices like with the Coys auction?
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Oceanix

• Chatty
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 09:16:48 PM »
Click onto this link for the price guide. Crazy estimates!
http://www.handlewithfun.com/lot-search.cfm?category=cars&SortBy=RO

Sorry,

where can I see the estimates? Secret function?
Or ist it me being the problem?  :-X

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 10:19:42 PM »
In order to see the pre-auction estimates, you must hover your cursor over the image of one of the cars.
This "feature" apparently does not work on all web browsers, probably Internet Explorer being the culprit.
I have seen it work on Firefox, Safari, Opera and on my iPhone and iPad.
It does not work with Camino browser.

They have not put up the descriptive portion of the lots, once they do that, then the estimated values will be more visible.

Here is an example of what you MIGHT see if the feature worked properly for everyone and you hovered over the Larmar:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:39:31 AM by JimJanecek »

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 03:26:41 AM »
Thanks Jim  I  could not find the prices either.
1958 FriskySport

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 07:37:51 AM »
Argh! The Larmar! Who would buy one of them in their right mind. Eer....
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 12:12:59 PM »
Argh! The Larmar! Who would buy one of them in their right mind. Eer....

I love it.
The "car" is like a child's 2D drawing come to life.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 01:09:18 PM »
Malcolm I haven't seen the two bonds but which do you suggest worth more . A or c and why ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 01:43:26 PM »
The Mk C is made up from TWO cars. One was mine in 1963/4. Previously registered as JAP 369. The colour is Valspar French Blue. Most of the bodywork is JAPs. You can see my initials "RD" on the door, made out of the logo from a TV aerial. Last time I saw it was in Groombridges yard in the 1970s when I tried to buy it back. Has also been owned later by two chaps on the forum until sold to Bruce.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:45:22 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 01:50:58 PM »
I am one of the afore mentioned chaps but not the one who sold it to Bruce, it was also once owned by Sue Watts, now Sue Gore and I think I'm right in saying that it was in her ownership that it got convered to 250cc. It was a really good driver and I wish I could get it back. Even Shelley like that car!

About whats worth more A or C, I know which one I would rather own and drive, a C every time but I guess A's are rare and worth more?

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 01:53:32 PM »
I have owned a Mark B and a Mark D and in my opinion the mark A/B is a more iconic shape. Dave Millers mark A at the NEC was beautiful.
There were just under 2000 mark A cars made while over 6000 mark c were produced.As there are only around 11 mark A cars left on rarity alone i think they should command
a greater value, but as i say this is my opinion.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 04:19:36 PM »
I was just interested in your opinion, the a is the rarer but the c much more driveable ! About even on value then perhaps ? Your b might have been a good compromise having at least some suspension .
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2012, 05:30:02 PM »
A Bond that cant Pirouette?  Narrr!

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2012, 06:39:28 PM »
Jim, works perfectly on Google Chrome. Probably doesnt work on AOL, my dad uses that and its even worse than internet explorer. It's like comparing an old crappy moped to a brand new nice Audi, Google Chrome beats it in every way!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 10:52:00 AM »
I have owned a Mark B and a Mark D and in my opinion the mark A/B is a more iconic shape. Dave Millers mark A at the NEC was beautiful.
There were just under 2000 mark A cars made while over 6000 mark c were produced.As there are only around 11 mark A cars left on rarity alone i think they should command
a greater value, but as i say this is my opinion.

11 Mk A. I am amazed. That means I have owned over half of them at one time or another! I find that hard to believe. Does this include banned Bond members? Like Swiss, Dutch (beget Swiss and was BOC member on the deal being done - yes, you can tow a Bond Mk A and get two more in a old shape Fiat Ducatto, and Mannheim stock of scooters etc to the value of about £5,000 underneath, as well! Happy days), American LHD and I think German - might be beget by Dutch?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs