Author Topic: Bruce Weiner auction list is out!  (Read 13339 times)

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
Re: Bruce Weiner auction list is out!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 11:05:29 AM »
I wonder if they will take postal orders.
Lovely cars but the costs will be out of this world. I bet the catalogues cost more than my first frisky in 1964.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 11:23:15 AM »
It honestly is not jealousy but I think there's really something absurd about that many similar cars in one collection. Rather see it all split up wherever they settle
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 12:01:17 PM »
I should try and make the trip to see the collection before the auction.
1958 FriskySport

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 04:53:15 PM »
you have very good taste oliver . never seen the Jurisch before - lovely . nice to see Bruetsch high on the want list - mine too  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 07:54:30 PM »
The Fuji Cabin has always been a favourite of mine, wonder if it will make it back to Japan!

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 07:27:19 AM »
who could buy alll of them to let this museum as it must and should be ??.....
allo emirates ?? !!
"Bubblecars & Scooters en Bourgogne" president
scooters & microcars addict since 1985
http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com
next edition : 28-30 august 2018 : ROLUX special edition !!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 08:14:07 AM »
An island nation could buy it as a basis of a multiple initiative. But a bit like Sark they could ban all motor transport but microcars. The more usable exhibits could be put into use and rented to tourists. Private citizens can buy microcars on the open market. With a home market to service it would create at least several, if not a pool, of expertise and you might get a modern run of proper replica cars coming out as an export item. Be great as long as there is not a dirty great volcano lurking around!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Oceanix

• Chatty
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 07:47:27 PM »
I bet the catalogues cost more than my first frisky in 1964.

1 The Bruce Weiner Collection  $80   :)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 10:45:40 AM »
I was right, my first frisky cost me £25 .If i knew then what i know now?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 05:32:41 PM »
I was right, my first frisky cost me £25 .If i knew then what i know now?

You would have made a fortune selling chewing gum? Oh, for a time machine, eh.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 10:09:32 AM »
Click onto this link for the price guide. Crazy estimates!
http://www.handlewithfun.com/lot-search.cfm?category=cars&SortBy=RO

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 11:27:11 AM »
They are not consistent. A Bond mk A having the same estimate as a mk C and a mopeta the same as a scootacar. (no offence to grant) Telephone numbers, never mind the buyers premium. Wonder if any will have a reserve.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 11:51:26 AM »
Yes, I noticed that too. Maybe they are based on what he paid for the cars rather than market value. With many of them there is no real president set to go by. In a way I hope the sale falls flat as I would hate to see new high price presidents set making microcars even more out of reach for people like us who just want to own and drive them rather than invest in them.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 12:25:17 PM »
Advertised as all without reserve.

The estimate is not a bid but a marketing tool or genuinely expressed valuation. However Mr Wall, with or without his brother, or his cousin Mr Telephone can drive an auction up to a predetermined value and very often do. Mr Wall is not allowed to bid but it is very hard to stop him from doing so, and for and from, any number of reasons beyond being a poor or pressurized seller. Like, for instance, the other owner of one of two Twanglenoid Buttockpincer TS250, protecting the value of his investment. Auctions are a scary arena to buy unless you follow the simple rule of knowing what you are prepared to pay and watching where the bids are coming from. It always pays to ask the auctioneers afterwards if the hammer price was honoured. You might be surprised how often they are not! I got about a quarter of the cars from the Leek auction in this way, without even being there, as I was building my mothers house in France!

That said I believe Bruce will not need to resort to any underhand tactics as his advertising initiative is touching all markets including those we have not even thought of. His only fear must be a serious financial crisis of some sort. That or of a local popular restaurant providing some particularly hard to digest cellulose based dishes chased down with Guinness and Ghirkins creating something of a disturbance near the rostrum. Oh - or Root stuck in a Tourette or Brutsch, the same thing apparently, under the dais. Those latter two could well be connected, thinking about it.

My prediction is that the majority of the lots will sell well and the perceived value of Microcars will rise. That does not mean that achieved sales prices will match immediately or in the medium term. There are other pressures on sales of collectors items. Christies, all those years ago, pointed the way things were going but not many instant fortunes were created. The interesting lots are those that repeat a sale from that previous auction. These will underline the rise in values of premium advertised machines over that period. Quite how that effects the mouldering wrecks some folk think are valuable cars I am not sure. Oh, that's me isn't it!