Author Topic: The 7th Peel P50 ever built is for sale on ebay!  (Read 53025 times)

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
The 7th Peel P50 ever built is for sale on ebay!
« on: July 16, 2010, 09:38:56 PM »
There is a very nice restored Peel P50 on ebay. The car looks better then the one which was offered earlier this month. (see the second link below)
Let´s have a look if the reserve price will be reached this time.  ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peel-P50-car-sale-1964-very-rare-not-trident-Lovely-/180534117087?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a08ac02df

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110550684356&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Re: The 7th Peel P50 ever built is for sale on ebay!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 10:24:25 AM »
The car which was offered earlier this month is well known to me. Unfortunately this up to date P50 with its number D507 is totally unknown to me, and doesn't turn up at my register,which i still keep up to date. That means, this one did never turn up in my investigations or register. Sounds suspicious to me indeed. First registration july 2010???

Any clue ?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 11:17:03 AM by Peelpower »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 09:47:11 AM »
It could be one made by the BBC props department after putting Andy's car through the photocopier when he was not looking. It is not the one I thought I was after anyway. There seems to be a sudden upturn in Peels again. I know several folk who seem to be on a sniff be it real or replica. Money becoming tight and prices bouyant?

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 10:29:58 AM »
 LVG 396B is an age-related number, issued July 2010, meaning it isnt this car's orginal 1964 registration number anyway. VG is Norwich area of Norfolk, & "proper" LVG wasn't issued until LVG-G of July 1969.  In fact, if you look though the seller's completed listings, you can see the listing for when he bought the number plates a few weeks back....   ;D

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 11:16:19 AM »
Hi Stuart, you are a real shrewd bloke watching the ebay listings and feedbacks. Seems the vendor is caught!  :o

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 11:37:18 AM »
 And so the burning question remains:   Is it or isn't it?......    ???

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 11:49:30 AM »
To answer your burning question. I dont think it is, because as i mentioned before it never turned up on my register of Peels !

Hows your project going on Stuart?

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 01:38:55 PM »
Perhaps Andy Carter will confirm or deny if it is in fact a 1960's Peel or a replicar.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 03:12:13 PM »
fascinating stuff - ebay records . well done for starting that one up stewart. still waiting for photos of the trident that no one has commented on yet on the forum. now that does sound interesting ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 06:39:32 PM »
 The eBay car is indeed another replica, confrimed today by the ICR spy network. ;D   No problem with that, but a little cheeky of the seller to say its genunie 1964 when its actully genuine 2010 ! I mean, is not a thoretical 14-grand obtainable price for a declared replica still not good enough for some that they have to drag the genuine ones into it?

Oh, & Ferdi, my little GENUINE Manx (oops, did I just say that out louad?) is going well. I've just given that little white bit of it another clean down, whilst the main blue is good enough as is.  :) Just waiting for clearance on the exact wording of its history bourd & it'll be unveiled at School House Farm in a few days time.....   (The Peel Mafia knows what I mean.  ;))

And to our Dickie,  :)  Which Trident might that be?   ;)  This one.....

...or this one?   8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_99JkN9cxx8&feature=related
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 07:09:44 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 07:40:28 PM »
hi stuart are we all seing the same rumcars.org because goggo has just asked me the same question ! surely the posting of two days ago or so titled lost trident now found - or similar
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 07:57:41 PM »
For sure Stuart the P..L Mafia knows what ya mean mate  ;) ;) ;)

Ups, not to forget to mention! I did ride my P50 this afternoon, but to hot sun to drive. >:( >:(

Ferdi
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 07:59:28 PM by Peelpower »

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 09:11:07 PM »
It was first registered on  1st July  2010.
The chassis number D507 is not listed on the Peel Register.
The seller says he has spent years restoring it but has no pictures of it prior to, or during its restoration.
His recent Ebay purchases include number plates, a 49cc DKW engine, carb etc.
Last but not least -  seller was recently seen driving from Nottinghamshire with a new p50 bodyshell on his roofrack.

Best draw your own conclusions.

Hmm?  Taking the above into account (I have no reason to doubt it) then the seller is surely playing with fire?  All this "restoration" flannel..  Mind you it does have Avons so he's made the effort.

Does anyone know who gave it the nod ID wise?  i.e. Jean confirmed JMG was the real deal a few years ago.  So who's signed off this one so it could be reg'd at the DVLA as a '64?  What's this D507 is the 7th car made?   

Peels are shrouded in skulduggery and espianage. 

Oh and yes my Trident is finished as youtube illustrates.  Driving it up my high street turned a few heads... 

"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 10:03:49 PM »
Glad to hear your Trident is almost finished. Yep great video on youtube mate. All the worries about the P50 ! Gettiin' a set of Avon tyres is not the fact making it genuine though

Dom

• Just Starting
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 10:49:03 PM »
The eBay car is indeed another replica, confrimed today by the ICR spy network. ;D   No problem with that, but a little cheeky of the seller to say its genunie 1964 when its actully genuine 2010 ! I mean, is not a thoretical 14-grand obtainable price for a declared replica still not good enough for some that they have to drag the genuine ones into it?

Oh, & Ferdi, my little GENUINE Manx (oops, did I just say that out louad?) is going well. I've just given that little white bit of it another clean down, whilst the main blue is good enough as is.  :) Just waiting for clearance on the exact wording of its history bourd & it'll be unveiled at School House Farm in a few days time.....   (The Peel Mafia knows what I mean.  ;))

And to our Dickie,  :)  Which Trident might that be?   ;)  This one.....

...or this one?   8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_99JkN9cxx8&feature=related

Blinkin hell, it must be true about the peel mafia, the picture above is in fact mine, see post of New Peel Trident owner / Lost & Found old Trident the other day. The pic was taken by Andy from Modern Microcars who popped round
P.S. Hi , im Dom by the way