Author Topic: Be the envy of all your friends  (Read 14262 times)

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Be the envy of all your friends
« on: October 23, 2010, 07:38:31 PM »
Just the thing for anyone suffering from Peeless envy

http://www.peelengineering.co.uk/store_cat.php?peelstore=4
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Be the envy of all your friends
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 09:09:55 AM »
Is there a guarantee that only 50 are to be made? If more get done then it undermines the first production as in limited edition prints. I prefer an investment with reducing or static numbers of examples as there as at least some stability. Besides I rather like having stuff other people have not got so more of a car is a disincentive on that level as well. When people buy something for the need to own it and join a clan you know it is time to find something else to do really. Still it will be interesting to see how all this turns out.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 12:17:25 PM »
All the strutting, posing and bad acting on the Dragon's Den means that I can't bear to watch it, so maybe this question is misplaced: is there any evidence that the new Peel Engineering are actually building cars?  It just seems curious that there is not one jot of information about any new cars or any new production - if there was something to report, I feel the website might be reporting it.  Am I a cynic to suspect that most of the enterprise is a way of selling T-shirts and other merchandise?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 01:05:48 PM »
I wondered the same. I looked over the web site and couldn't find any tech spec for the cars they are trying to sell, things like what voltage, type of controller, battery type etc. Still I suppose the kind of buyers it will attract will be those that just want a static display car anyway.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 02:00:12 PM »
I suppose they do not need to specify anything, as they are "Peels". Not replica Peels, they are Peels. Apparently. Therefore all specs as per Peels. These "Peels" are also called "a piece of history". Hmm, it's not Friday but the fishmongers seem to be doing good business. However, the site does say that the edition is limited to 50 and only 21 remain available, so I assume that means that they have sold/accepted orders for 29. In the fullness of time this special edition of reel Peel replicas might even become valuable and a good investment.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 02:22:29 PM »
Don't believe the 21 remaining number.  They can make up any number they want.
No one is going to audit their pre-sales.

As for building cars, they have claimed they are under some sort of 2 year exclusive contract with Ripleys and can only build and sell to them during that time.
When the contract started and ends is known only to them but it has been at least a year since they first delivered a car to Ripleys.

They apparently have several P50 replicas available for promotions (as anyone who saw Top Gear Australia noticed).

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 04:38:16 PM »
I have sent them a message asking about the spec of the cars, I wouldnt want to buy an EV without knowing if it had lead acid or Lithium bats etc, also asked if they would be making no more Peels after the 50 had sold. Let see if we get an answer.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 05:09:11 PM »
the site says that that THIS limited edition is limited to 50. artists do this all the time as do mints, potteries etc. any further limited edition could be called The 2011 special edition or whateva  ;) 
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 05:09:39 PM »
I reckon you may get an answer, but written carefully so that it appears to give information, but nothing is actually confirmed, defined or guaranteed.

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 05:28:29 PM »
.... and i was told these "kind" of Peels are only 10 mph fast ? ? ?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 07:01:35 PM »
Well, some may disagree but in my view all Peels are useless but one that only does 10mph is more than useless!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 09:08:18 PM »
Well, some may disagree but in my view all Peels are useless but one that only does 10mph is more than useless!

Could this be why they are so desirable these days? Good old Thumper is a far better investment for participatory fun. To fast for Photo oppertunities though. I am so impressed with all this, as you are, that now I think I have a potential deal on my expanded Peel investment I will accept the confirmed offer. If so I can go and check out the Scootacar I know for as it is more useful and weird.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 09:21:07 PM »

you mean LESS than useless? 

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 09:24:42 PM »
Worse than useless?!

(Will the Peel Mafia burn down my studio tonight?)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 09:33:44 PM »
or greater than  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977